Files can be sent as attachments to our e-mail address at email@example.com
Files may be sent on CD or DVD. Keep an exact duplicate of each file sent to us in case of in-transit damage. All electronic files must be accompanied by a hard copy proof to demonstrate color breaks, type styles, and layout.
FTP transmission is also available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a login ID and password.
MAC USERS: Create a Stuffit archive (.sit extension) that is NOT SELF-EXTRACTING. The Stuffit program is available at www.aladdinsys.com
PC USERS: Create a WinZip or PKZip archive (.zip extension) that is NOT SELF-EXTRACTING. The WinZip program is available at www.winzip.com.
Electronic Pre-Press Requirements
Software Requirements / File Formats
- Computer generated artwork (Macintosh preferred) can be sent in the following formats: QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Freehand, Illustrator, or InDesign.
- If using Quark, please save as Quark 7. We do not currently support Quark 8.
- Photos and logos should be provided as an EPS file or as a Tagged Image Format File (TIFF).
- Four-color graphics files must be provided as CMYK format files, not RGB. If you have a file saved as RGB, convert it to a CMYK format before submitting it.
- Spot colors should be designated as PMS (Pantone Matching System) coated colors. Please do not mix process colors and spot colors in the same file, unless that is what you want.
- Files with linked images must include all the linked files and should be completed, assembled, and ready for output. Please include any artwork or images that are linked to your electronic files.
- Line art scans should be at 1200 dpi when used at 100%.
- Four-color photos and grayscale images should have a resolution of 400 dpi when used at 100%.
- If you are using an application that is not listed above, such as CorelDraw, please export your file to Adobe Illustrator format and convert all type to curves. Programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher cannot be used to produce acceptable print files.