To view specific product information and to download a .pdf template for artwork preparation, please click the product name in the right hand column of this page.
Bleeds must extend at least 1/8" beyond the finished card and keytag dimensions. For items without bleeds, allow 1/8" margin from the edge, free of type or graphics.
The copy must fall within 1/8" of the finished card or keytag dimensions. Also allow 1/8" around keyholes on the keytags. Keyholes should be at least 3/16" from any diecut edge. If your card includes a magnetic stripe and/or signature panel, please consult StoneHouse Marketing for an exact layout prior to commencing with design.
Screens should be 133 to 150 lpi (lines per inch). If your art includes screens, they must be provided on computer disk on one of the formats listed, or on film negative with art sized to fit the area to be printed.
Files can be sent as attachments to our e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org
Files may be sent on CD or DVD. Keep an exact duplicate of each file sent to us in case of in-transit damage. All electronic files must be accompanied by a hard copy proof to demonstrate color breaks, type styles, and layout.
FTP transmission is also available. Please email email@example.com to obtain a login ID and password.
Macintosh Users: Create a Stuffit archive (.sit extension) that is NOT SELF-EXTRACTING. The Stuffit program is available at www.aladdinsys.com
PC Users: Create a WinZip or PKZip archive (.zip extension) that is NOT SELF-EXTRACTING. The WinZip program is available at www.winzip.com.
Electronic Pre-Press Requirements
Software Requirements / File Formats
- Computer generated artwork (Macintosh preferred) can be sent in the following formats: QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Freehand, Illustrator, or InDesign.
- If using Quark, please save as Quark 7. We do not currently support Quark 8.
- Photos and logos should be provided as an EPS file or as a Tagged Image Format File (TIFF).
- Four-color graphics files must be provided as CMYK format files, not RGB. If you have a file saved as RGB, convert it to a CMYK format before submitting it.
- Spot colors should be designated as PMS (Pantone Matching System) coated colors. Please do not mix process colors and spot colors in the same file, unless that is what you want.
- Files with linked images must include all the linked files and should be completed, assembled, and ready for output. Please include any artwork or images that are linked to your electronic files.
- Line art scans should be at 1200 dpi when used at 100%.
- Four-color photos and grayscale images should have a resolution of 400 dpi when used at 100%.
- If you are using an application that is not listed above, such as CorelDraw, please export your file to Adobe Illustrator format and convert all type to curves. Programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Publisher cannot be used to produce acceptable print files.
All type must be Adobe Postscript Type 1 fonts, not True Type fonts (TT). All type fonts used in the art must be included on the disk. Please be sure to include both the printer and screen fonts, and send only the fonts required. Do not use the "Style" application, i.e. Bold, Italic, etc. to define font style. Use the actual font from the Font Menu. If you do not wish to include the actual fonts with the artwork, you may use your Applications option, if available, to convert the type to curves.
Digital Data Specifications
Data files can be sent in the following formats: text files (comma or tab delimited or fixed length), Microsoft Excel or Lotus spreadsheets, DBF formats, or Microsoft Access tables. When submitting data files, please provide the file type you are sending, as well as the file format (i.e. field names, types, and length) and a record count.
Data files can be sent via FTP, SFTP, email, or on a disc.
FTP / SFTP
Data files can be retrieved from an FTP or SFTP site or uploaded to our site. Please provide a host name/address, username, password and notification when a file is ready to be retrieved from your site, or contact your account manager to have a directory set up on our FTP / SFTP site for you to upload files to.
Data files can be sent as attachments to our e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that WinZip files should not be self-extracting. The WinZip program is located at www.winzip.com.
Data files may be sent on CD or DVD. Keep an exact duplicate of each file sent to us in case of in-transit damage.
If the zipped files exceed 10MB, please send the file via FTP or on a disc.